Dr Osad Uyi Osamwonyi FRCS MFFLM
Forensic Medical Examiner
Dr Uyi Osamwonyi acts as an expert witness working mainly with criminal cases. He is a forensic medical examiner (FME) with extensive experience in custody and sexual assault medical practice.
His specialist areas of expertise include:
- Fitness for detention and interview of detainees.
- Management of acute and chronic medical conditions including substance (alcohol and drugs) abuse.
- Mental state examinations and management of detainees with mental illness, cognitive abnormalities and learning disabilities.
- Documentation, interpretation and treatment of injuries.
- Examination and provision of care for detainees arrested under The Terrorism Act.
- Examination of patients and collection of forensic samples for analysis. This includes the collection of intimate samples from detainees and sexual assault suspects and blood samples from those involved in traffic offences.
- Pronounce life extinct and examination of possible suspicious deaths.
- Provision of holistic care of children and adult victims of sexual assault including documentation and interpretation of injuries and provision of reports,
- Medical witnessing including the provision of statements, reports and appearances in court.