Mr Antony Fanshawe
BSc FCA MBA
Much, but by no means all, of my forensic work has related to disputes arising in connection with insolvent estates, I have also undertaken valuation work for fast growing and very valuable companies as well as providing expert evidence in the context of divorce, deceased estates and quasi-partnership arguments.
I have significant experience of cross examination in Court and providing support in resolving disputes through mediation.
I set out some examples below:
- Instructed by the defendants in a landmark wrongful trading case. The matter went to trial, and I was cross-examined over three days.
- Assessment of the loss arising from a transfer of a business at an under-value. There was, as it transpired, more to this case than was initially pleaded. There were alsowrongful trading and loss of profit issues, which enabled my client, in a pre-litigation negotiation, to increase the estimated recovery fivefold;
- Expert work on a complex matter involving the duties of an administrator, statutory charges for the expenses in an administration, and the administrators’ costs.
- Advice on an alleged transaction at an under-value regarding the novation of two construction contracts, and a business valuation in the context of a pre liquidation business sale;
- Demonstrating that the proceeds of a reverse premium paid for a leasehold interest that was transferred out of the security group shortly before administration were used for the benefit of the security group.
- Expert evidence in connection with the defrauding of investors in a care home including evaluation of their loss;
- Acting as expert in a directors’ disqualification action brought for alleged failure to keep proper records;
- Preparing estate accounts from incomplete records for a substantial, and much contested, deceased estate;
- Valuing a 50% shareholding of a fast-growing strategy consulting business in a contested share buy-back;
- Valuation of an early stage, very fast-growing meat substitute business;
- Valuation for probate of a specialist packaging group comprising companies in the UK and Hong Kong;
- Regularly acting as an Evaluator re Pre-pack sales of businesses (since 2021).
Click here to view his CV.